Thursday, October 22, 2015

Silver, Chapter One

Here are some of Silver's early designs that I worked on last year. Silver is our main character and she's a Golden Retriever of some sort. She's one of the youngest in the pirate crew so I wanted to give her a wide-eyed and adventurous, youthful appearance.
 

These following are Silver's designs earlier this year. I thought about giving her hair to show she's a girl but it looked really weird and not like how hair on a female character is supposed to look. I don't know how to work with caricatured animals that well yet either, so I decided to stick to traditional appearances.



This is Silver's final design and the general style for the comic that I feel absolutely happy with. Something caricature-like and has room for details and textures. I still have a little reservations for Silver's look though, because she doesn't resemble anything feminine but I'm thinking it's outfit so I'll work on that next. I'm just glad that I finally have ONE character design done. The comic has at least five other main characters!! So, if you can read this, let me know what you think of Silver and how you think this comic will turn out. Stay tuned for more updates! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment